Eileen here today to share this fun Sunshine Felt Wallet!
Extend the use of your Journal die. Die cut it from felt and you have a cool wallet for your credit cards, phone and even a journal insert! Twist up a strap with the Twist & Style tool from Sizzix to complete the look.
- 661906 Sizzix Scoreboards Journal Die by Eileen Hull
- 661902 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK – House Pocket Stitchlits
- 661904 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 11PK – Word Stitchlits
- 661903 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 13PK – Stitchy Flowers & Leaf
- 661113 Twist & Style tool
- Rotary cutter
- Self healing mat
- Journal Die
- Kunin Eco-Fi smoke and turquoise felt- 12” x 18” piece
- Jump ring- 1/4”
- Embroidery floss and yarn
- Wool felt scraps- multi colored
- Chenille needle
- FabriTac from Beacon
Die cut three Journal covers from smoke felt and one cover from turquoise felt. Die cut one tab (on die) from turquoise.
Smoke Piece #1 Cut two strips measuring 2” and 2 1/4”.
Turquoise Piece Cut two strips measuring 2 1/2” and 2 3/4”.
- Smoke Piece #2– Wallet front- Arrange the Words Stitchlits to spell the phrase “You are my sunshine” from Words Stitchlits making sure to orient it with the binding holes on top, to create the front of the wallet. Use embroidery floss to stitch the words in desired floss colors. Die cut 13 hearts from scrap felt and arrange on wallet front. Glue or stitch in place. Place 2 1/2” turquoise strip on back of cover (match rounded corners) and place 2 1/4” smoke strip below on other side leaving a small gap in between pieces. Stitch layers together on sewing machine. Blanket stitch around three sides excluding binding side.
- Smoke Piece #3 Wallet back. Place 2 3/4” turquoise strip on the bottom (rounded side). Add 2” strip of smoke felt on top of turquoise. On sewing machine stitch layers together. Run a seam down the middle to form a credit card divider. Blanket stitch around three sides excluding binding side.
- Create wallet by matching up two pieces of smoke felt with binding strip sections together and pockets inside. Machine stitch across top of wallet. Blanket stitch over top seam.
- Die cut several small felt flowers and leaves for inside flap latch. Layer flowers on aqua tab and hand stitch to top side of the wallet flap. Stick small Velcro dot on end. The non-fuzzy side will stick to the felt. Use this pocket for phone or Journal inserts.
- Punch a 3/16” hole inside the wallet with the Cropadile. Add silver eyelet. With Twist & Style tool, twist a yarn strap for bag. Thread through jump rings and tie at top.
- Add a journal insert, pen and credit card and you are ready for anything!
I also figured out that I can fit a Journal insert book inside in case I need my shopping list with me 🙂
Thanks for stopping by to see this Sunshine Felt Wallet!