Hi friends! Just a quick post to share this Sizzix Embossed Teacup I created for a Facebook Live show a couple of weeks ago. This die has been a crowd favorite for years. A couple of years ago, Sizzix retired it, but it was brought back due to customer request- hooray!
More good news- it’s on sale at Sizzix this weekend along with a lot of my other dies so check it out!
You can view the video tutorial here. Remember it’s Facebook Live and our group loves to chat. If you want to skip past the talking and ahead to the project, please go ahead- it will not hurt my feelings :-). The project starts at about 7:25.
I hope you will join me (most) Tuesday nights at 6PM Eastern on Facebook- Eileen Hull Designs to see a project or technique, gather with creative friends from all around the world and take a break from life to refresh your creative soul!
The 3D Teacup die is one of my favorites… not because I like tea (I don’t do any hot drinks) but because a lot of my friends do. It’s a great way to give a gift card, some special teabags, jewelry pieces or chocolate. The teacup is 3D project is very easy to put together and fun to embellish. But you can also use the teacup on the front of a card die cut from paper- so many possibilities!
Here is the list of what I used to create the project on the video tutorial. Who knows- you might have the urge to make it… or a hundred 🙂
- Sizzix ScoreBoards Teacup die by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Eyelet Lace folder by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Romance Flower by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix Matboard- white
- I used ColorBox Blends inks from Clearsnap to color my teacup- there are so many ways to use these applicators. Available for purchase in my Etsy shop.
- adhesive- hot glue, Zip Dry Paper Glue, ThermoWeb SuperTape
- non-stick mat
- seam binding
- pink and yellow tissue paper