Today I want to share how to make easy flip cards using your Sizzix dies! I have been making cards for a long time- I started doing it for several reasons:
- to save money
- usually waited till the last minute to buy them and needed to get. them .sent.
- it was a quick and easy way to make something that satisfied my creative soul
- served a purpose
- people knew it was handmade and appreciated the extra effort
With the coming of the internet though it became a lot easier to just wish someone Happy Birthday on Facebook. Sad to say, I had gotten out of the habit of making cards. Lately, I have gotten back into the groove, thanks to the urging of my Facebook Live viewers and also store owners and students along the Paper Trail. And it’s fun!
Of course, I always am looking for a way to incorporate my dies 🙂 I love to use products I already have in different ways than what it shows on the package. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box- take a good look at the dies on your shelf and see if you can use them in a new way- it’s really fun!
One of my favorite (and I think most versatile dies) is the Recipe Card & Label. In this project I will show you how to position your paper on your die to make a quick and easy flip card. This card is one that I made for my son and new DIL’s wedding 🙂
You will need:
- Big Shot machine
- Recipe Card & Label by Eileen Hull
- Sizzix matboard- white
- Eyelet Lace embossing folder
- A-2 card base- 80# cardstock
- ThermoWeb iCraft 1/4″ tape
- Scoring board or pencil and ruler
- Cut card base to size 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score lines at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″.
- Place Recipe Card on Big Shot. Add washi tape 3/4″ away from the cutting edge of the die.
- Place the card edge along the tape edge.
- Place the cutting pad up to the edge of the 2 1/8″ scored line and run through the Big Shot so that the Recipe Card only cuts halfway through.
- Fold the outer section of the card away from the inside rectangle.
- Die cut two matboard Recipe Cards and emboss one in the Lace folder. On the other card, write or stamp your message. Round corners of the card. Adhere card to left side of the fold. This will allow it to flip as you open and close the card. Adhere the sentiment card inside so that the front card covers it when folded.
- Make a bellyband from a piece of white paper and secure in the back. Add velvet ribbon, cording, trim and a heart charm and glue it all together.
Make sure to check out the latest blog post with lots of creative card ideas from my ever amazing Inspiration Team!
Wishes for love, health and many happy years together to the newlyweds Chris and Kelli. We love you!