I am gearing up for another trip in my vintage camper Scotty! And I need something to keep me organized so I made this Sizzix Journal Paper Trail Planner…
Fabric designer Kelly Panacci sent me this fabric after I commented on it on Instagram. Trailers have become my “thing” in the past few years and I love the adorable vintage images on this fabric collection. The spine on my new Paper Trail planner was reinforced and made larger to allow for a bigger book to include all the info I need in one spot for a long road trip!
- Sizzix Matboard package, white
- Therm O Web Easy Cut Adhesive Sheets- 6” x 12”
- Road Trip fabric by Kelly Panacci- fat quarters
- Brown packing paper sheets
- Charms, bead chain
- Elastic- round 1.5 mm x 24” and flat 1/4” x 10”
- Wood slice- 2”
- Sizzix Recipe Card & Label
The charms were a gift from Megan at Blue Moon Beads.
- Cover both sides of a sheet of mat board with adhesive sheets. Remove release paper from one side. Place fabric on top of the adhesive starting on one end and smoothing across to the other end. Remove release paper from the other side of matboard and place solid color paper over adhesive. Run both mat board pieces through Big Shot with fabric side facing the die.
- Repeat with another sheet of mat board TIP: With directional fabric and paper, flip second cover in the opposite direction from the first when die cutting so that both prints are running in the same direction.
- Turn covers so both binding strips butt up to each other in the middle. Cut a piece of mat board 8 3/4” x 1 1/4” as reinforcement binding strip. Center strip under the binding and mark each hole. Punch matching holes in binding strip. Glue mat board to binding on the inside of the cover to strengthen spine. Secure with binder clips and allow to dry.
- There are four sets of holes instead of three and a wider spine than if the Journal was bound in the traditional way. More elastic may be added for additional inserts.
My Paper Trail Planner
The book has a section for mileage, expenses, maps, photos and a plastic pocket for receipts.
I stay in the Choice Hotel chains because I get points- sometimes stay 2 nights get one night free!
I made this label and then realized that I stamped the “a” upside down. I thought about re-doing it, but then decided it was kind of fitting. There are always mistakes and adventures along the way 🙂
I am headed out on September 7 on Paper Trail #15. I’ll be posting on Facebook at Eileen Hull Designs! Thanks for reading 🙂