I had so much fun creating Nora’s Baby Book!
There’s nothing more special than welcoming a new little one into the family. And what better way to remember every milestone than by keeping a journal to record the first year?
One of the things that really makes this project special are the vintage cards. My husband found his baby book in some old boxes and threw it away. I took it out of the trash and scanned all of the baby cards given when he was born 🙂 I used them in Nora’s Baby Book to pass along to the next generation.
- Scrapbook papers in coordinating colors for pages and ephemera
- Therm O Web DecoFoil (gold)
- Therm O Web White Foam Adhesive
- ThermO Web Memory Tape Runner XL
- Therm O Web Adhesive Pen
- Pink twine, ribbon, paper clips, ruffled trim
- Paper clips
- Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Paper trimmer
- Sizzix Homemade Alphabet
- Sizzix Elephants & Giraffe (retired)
- Color Box Blends inks: Stop, Melon, Tutu, Golden, Leaf, Bay, Beach
- Die cut two journal covers and flip one 180 degrees so both binding strips butt up to each other in the middle.
- Select the palette of Blends ink colors desired for journal cover. On a non stick mat, spritz a small amount of water. Starting with the lightest color, take Blends ink applicator and dip the sponge in water. The color will fade slightly and allow the applicator to glide freely across the matboard, producing a watercolor effect. Arrange colors as desired and begin swiping the Blends across the covers. Allow to dry.
- Die cut two Elephant shapes (shadow and detail) from Adhesive Foam. Peel off release paper from one side. Place dull side of the foil on adhesive. Burnish all areas and peel up revealing a beautiful foiled elephant! Die cut the baby’s name from adhesive foam and repeat. When you are ready to position name and elephant, remove other side of release paper and adhere to cover. Two elephants are stacked on top of each other for dimensional look. TIP: Make sure foil goes on the correct side of the foam- otherwise letters could be reversed.
- Cut 10-12 pages for baby book measuring 8 1/2” x 8 1/2”. If you want to make a pocket, then cut 8 1/2” x 12” and score at 4 1/4” and 8 1/2” and fold the flap over.
- To bind pages, cut a length of twine about two feet for each page. Wrap twine around the inside of the fold and tie it into the book. Knot each page inside or outside book.
- On the back inside cover, glue pink ruffle.
- Decorate each page of the book- add baby related stamps, lettering, ephemera and photos!
Thanks for looking through Nora’s Baby Book with me!